Sunday, May 15, 2011

Review: The Abundance of Katherines

Hey Readers!
So Bookfair was this week at our school and both Alice and I bought "The Abundance of Katherines" by John Green. At first I was a little creeped out by the cover..but I liked the author and so I gave it a try! It ended up being REALLY good! It's much more of a realistic story then I usually read - I tend to be into historical fiction/fantasy...This story is fiction and kind of reminded me of Carl Hiaasan's books. Anyways - so it's about a boy named Colin who has been dumped by 19 girls. and ALL of them were named Katherine...Not Catherine...or Kathryn...or Katie..or Cate....it was K-A-T-H-E-R-I-N-E. and Every single one of those girls with the same nine letter name had dumped him. The book kinda follows his life as he tries to get over Katherine the 19th and he explores other names along the way. Colin also happens to be a genius...and throughout the book is working on an equation for the theory of relationships (time, dumpee v. dumper, attractiveness, etc). Anyways, the book is very entertaining...a little peculiar at times...but overall it was very good and i would definitely recomend it :)

Thanks!
- Sara

2 comments: