Sunday, September 4, 2011

Review: In the Time of the Butterflies

Right now Wendy and I are sitting on My (Mary's) bed. We were talking last night and really want to visit our school again!!! So, we are going to do it around Thanksgiving time. If you would like to join us, you may. We would love the company...

What I really came here to talk about is the book i am reading, In the Time of Butterflies by Julia Alvarez. It is a pretty good book, but is pretty slow in the beginning. Even though it is not my favorite book, you should read it because it is a very educational read. It is about the dictator Trujillo and 4 sisters. A few of them are part of a group of leading opponents of Trujillo's dictatorship. They are known as Las Mariposas, which means butterfly in spanish. It is a very fascinating book and I recommend it! Well I have to go finish reading it, but i just wanted to say that i am very excited to go to my high school in a couple of days!!!! Wish me luck and good luck to all of the others who blog here as well!!!! <3

Mary L.


No comments:

Post a Comment