Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Review: Pride and Prejudice

Hi Readers!!
Alice and I were (fairly) recently at camp and I sat down to try and read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. They are INSANELY classic books - very traditional. Usually it doesn't take me that long to read books...but boy, Pride and Prejudice took very long. Occasionally I was bored and wanted to skip parts of the book...(don't worry, i didn't) but then towards the end it got really fascinating. Pride and Prejudice, for those of you who haven't seen the movie, focuses on Elizabeth Bennett, the second oldest sister.  She watches her older sister and younger sister move out and get married...while she watches and waits. No man, in her opinion is good enough for her. It is very amusing to watch Elizabeth deal with the troubles of family, social life, romance etc...I definitely reccomend it...but if you are thinking of reading it - make sure to not get discouraged by the first few chapters - it is worth it!
- Sara C.

1 comment:

  1. Hello from a former math teacher of yours. I hope you don't mind that I'm glancing at your blog now and then--I love what you're doing and I love the names you've picked!

    I'm THRILLED you're giving Jane Austen a chance. She is one of my all-time favorite writers now, but when I read her as a teenager I thought she was just OK. I'm so excited that you've started your relationship with her--she knows SO much about real people and real life, even though it looks like her stories are really "traditional" as you say. I'm so glad I kept re-reading her as an adult. The more I do, the more I realize that her characters are EVERYWHERE, even today, just with modern backgrounds.

    Have a great new school year!

    --"Eleanor Exponent"

    ReplyDelete