Monday, January 7, 2013

Review: The Sweet Far Thing

Hi Everyone!!

So... I know I haven't posted anything lately, and I apologize for not!! I can't believe it is already 2013. Another year gone by, and I unfortunately can't say that I have been doing much reading lately. High school has been quite busy. Other than what we have been assigned in school, I have not been reading for fun on a normal basis.  However, I have been trying to read The Sweet Far Thing, by Libba Bray, when I have time. Though it is long, I so far would highly recommend it. I am really enjoying it, and I would recommend it for anyone who loves romance, historical fiction, and fantasy. The third book in the trilogy of A Great and Terrible Beauty, the romance between Kartik and Gemma is continued, though Kartik is not in a portion of the book. Gemma still has the magic of the realms, and Gemma and Felicity are preparing to make their debuts in London's society, while Ann is struggling to think of a way to avoid having to become a governess to her awful cousins. Dealing with the scandals of the upper class of London during the reign of Queen Victoria and the troubles of the realms at the same time, Gemma Doyle is faced with many challenges that make for an exciting book. The Sweet Far Thing is so far very enjoyable, and I will let you all know when I finish it!! :)

Until next time,
~Anne Shirley~

No comments:

Post a Comment