Saturday, January 28, 2012

Review: The Fault in Our Stars

Hi Everyone!
I know I reviewed Matched really recently, but this is a PRESSING MATTER. All I have to say is read this book now! You should probably be at least 13 or 14, because it tackles issues like cancer. But I cannot stress this enough: this is NOT a "cancer" book meant to touch the hearts of all in a sad and melancholy way. This is a book about a normal girl who is witty, hilarious, and in touch with the reality of her situation. The girl's name is Hazel, and when she meets someone with a similar plight as her, the handsome Augustus Waters, everything changes for her. Hazel has to find a way to let people into her life without hurting them inevitably in the end. John Green is one of my favorite authors EVER, and this could be his best book yet. This isn't the sort of book I would usually read, but anyone can enjoy it. John Green gets in touch with real, human thoughts and feelings better than any author I have ever seen. Sure, this book is filled with tragedy and humor juxtaposed in a way that I have never seen before, but I also couldn't put it down. I HIGHLY recommend any book by John Green, especially this one. 
-Alice

P.S. I pre-ordered mine, and it's signed! The whole first printing of this book is PERSONALLY signed by John Green himself, so if you go to a book store soon, and find a copy with the yellow "Signed Copy," sticker on the cover, you'll get one like mine! See below for an actual picture of the inside page of my book :)

5 comments:

  1. hi, i absolutely love your blog you guys! i have read every single post from start to finish. you guys are great, i admire you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please keep blogging! i love seeing the new reviews, they are awesome! as another young reader, i love seeing what you recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi,
    if you ever see this it would be awesome if you guys could check out this blog. teenbookshelf.blogspot.com i was inspired by you thank you
    -annabeth(from percy jackson)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading this book and it is wonderful. I <3 it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So right on with this review! Miss Merriweather

    ReplyDelete